THE BATHS HISTORICAL STORY
Clontarf Baths and Assembly Rooms, as it was known, opened circa 1886 and featured a large, tidal, seawater swimming pool that juts out from the promenade wall into the bay. The Clontarf Swimming Club was founded in Clontarf Parish Hall in 1884 and the club was based in the Clontarf Baths. Records show that Clontarf Swimming Club held regular races and waterpolo matches at the Clontarf Baths.
The pool is now reopened and is 900 square meters total, with a depth of 1.875 meters in the deepest end and 1.05 meters in the shallow end. It is 40 meters wide at its widest point and 25 meters long at the longest point.
What The Baths offers is a sheltered, safe swimming environment, but all the benefits of sea water swimming. The water is cleaned, filtered and lightly chlorinated for health and safety.
For all swimming enquiries go to www.clontarfoutdoorpool.com
Facilities offered: Toilets, hot showers and changing stalls.