ABOUT

What’s the story?

Clontarf Baths and Assembly Rooms, as it was known, opened circa 1886 and featured large, tidal, seawater swimming pool that juts out from the promenade wall into the bay. It was a huge hit with locals and even with people from the wider Dublin area who would take an omnibus out to Clontarf for the day.


It closed in 1996, 110 years after it opened, and has been a bit of a mess since then. But you’ll be happy to hear, we’re back!


The Clontarf Baths and Assembly Rooms Ltd is owned by a local family who is lovingly refurbishing the baths and is creating a new, super-stylish restaurant and bar out front.


The Baths, as it is officially known, will be open to the public for swimming through swimming and polo clubs and will have its own entrance.


While the seawater baths will be a nostalgic and sentimental reminder for a lot of people who grew up in the area, this is also a restaurant and bar which will be open for dinner initially, and then later for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Imagine that view at night.

It’s all taken a long time to get right and we’ve been up to our oxters, but it’s been worth the wait. Promise.